Confession!!!!! I have a fetish! Weddings….Big Fat Indian Weddings!
Who doesn’t love a wedding? Recently a close friend’s daughter had a big fat Indian wedding plus I read and started following a fabulous blog about weddings abroad. Currychick simply adores her culture and an integral part of Indian culture is an Indian wedding filled with wads of beliefs, music and colour.
Admittedly, the celebration of any wedding is epic but an Indian one; that can go on for as long as a week, is truly mind blowing. There’s often pre-wedding rituals like Mehndi (henna), as well as a 2-3 hour long main ceremony followed finally by the reception.
Generally, Hindus attach a great deal of importance to marriages hence the ceremonies are a very colourful cultural extravaganza, vibrant and full of different textures, food, rituals, music; just an endless list of entertainment and fun.
The wedding ceremonies are often unique, emotional and attendees can experience epic dances merged to regal scopes. An absolute array of rituals in addition to etiquette are often connected with weddings. Honestly, the Indian wedding is a festival in itself!
So currychick has gathered some classic links to some awesome weddings epitomising all of the above. Enjoy!
- See great tips for attending an Indian wedding here !!!
- This fantastic wedding website had me hooked as you can read all about an awesome, inspiring featured bridal couple including the proposal!!
- Check out this lavish big fat wedding held by the Gupta’s in SA here !!!!!
- Currychick absolutely loves this amazing Tamil Hindu wedding video by CineStyle Weddings. It’s a must see!
Thanks goes to :
- Siva Santhakumar from CineStyle weddings Facebook Cinestyle
- These incredible pictures are courtesy of ljeyash
- My Indian Wedding
- Indian Weddings in South Africa